SAD – this is the abbreviation used for the Standard American diet and it seems that this abbreviation tells us a lot about the quality of this diet.
Most Americans today consume processed, fast and simple foods and many of them include GMO foods in their diet too without realizing how stressful this is for their bodies.
So, it is not just the dangerous substances found in these foods, the negative effects of this food on our pH levels is even worse.
It is a well-known fact that our body is supposed to be an alkaline environment and in case you are taking high amounts of junk and fast food, there is a great chance that the intake of acidic foods is much higher than the intake of alkaline-stabilizing foods.
Whenever we consume these acidic foods, the pH value of our blood switches from natural alkaline level to a dangerous level of acidity. If this situation continues for a while, our immune system will feel the negative consequences first and we will become more prone to health problems.
There are people who are not really concerned about the pH levels of their blood because they believe that they consume healthy foods. But, by learning more about the foods that promote alkalinity, even these people can improve their health and overall wellbeing.
So, Here’s The List of The Five Best Alkaline Foods:
Melons are excellent addition to our diet especially for those who want to detoxify the colon. They have a pH level of about 8.5 which makes them very alkaline. According to some experts, watermelon is the best type of melon because it is packed with fiber and contains more than 90% water.
2. Swiss Chard
Now here’s another great example of a highly alkaline food. In addition, Swiss chard has powerful antiviral and anti-bacterial properties and has the ability to eliminate free radicals from every system.
If you are interested in replacing regular wheat then there is no better option than buckwheat. You will be able to boost your energy early in the morning and protect yourself from cardiovascular issues caused by stress.
4. Olive Oil
Olive oil is delicious oil packed with monounsaturated fatty acids and vitamin E.
5. Flax Seed
Flax seed are very alkaline and on top of that, they are rich in vitamin E and fiber. These seeds are able to ease inflammation and so=called hot flashes in older women.
Examples of Other Tasty Alkaline Foods
- Bananas – Ripe bananas are considered to be superfood by many naturopaths.
- Avocado – This delicious fruit comes with high amounts of monounsaturated fats that protect our heart.
- Carrots – Packed with beta-carotene and good for the eyes.
- Berries – Loaded with antioxidants, great for fighting free radicals.
- Broccoli – if you want to stabilize cholesterol levels, steam some broccoli.
- Garlic – An ancient remedy for stabilization of blood pressure.
- Pineapple – Excellent for people trying to lose weight.
- Grapes – Rich source of many vitamins and antioxidants. Great for reducing hypertension.
- Lemons – This is one of the best foods for alkalization of the body. They are also very helpful in cases of cough, common cold and flu.
- Alfalfa – Alfalfa sprouts are digested easily. They are packed with enzymes that help people maintain hormonal balance.
- Sauerkraut – A good fermented food to boost the levels of probiotics in the body.
- Brussels sprouts – may keep us safe from different types of cancer.
- Grapefruit – Loaded with vitamin C and vitamin A.
- Cauliflower – A great alternative for regular bread.
- Quinoa – An excellent food for regulation of blood sugar levels.
- Seaweeds – Comes with high amounts of iron and are able to reduce acid levels fast.
- Parsley – Will eliminate the toxins from the intestines.
- Cucumber – it comes with 90% water and is able to maintain the health of your skin by keeping it soft and smooth.
- Spinach – The veggie with highest amount of vitamins.
- Mango – Excellent for colon detoxification.
- Papaya – A safe laxative to detoxify the colon.
- Oranges – Excellent for treating common cold.
Via Healthy Holistic Living
Sources Simple Organic Life | Vivid Life